UK +44 (0)1223 491486 USA toll free 1-866 877 2185
Human FGF-9 protein is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family, FGF-9 is involved in many developmental processes including neural and skeletal development. Recombinant FGF9 is used frequently in the generation of kidney organoids.
Highly pure and bioactive 23 kDa FGF-9 protein, animal-derived component free (ACDF) and carrier-protein free (CF)
Orders are typically shipped same or next day (except Friday). Easy world-wide shipping.
buy online with secure credit card or purchase order
enquiries, bulk and stock reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1mg may be despatched as 2 x 500µg
high purity optimised human FGF-9 protein (Uniprot: P31371)
23 kDa (monomer)
expressed in E. coli
animal-free (AOF) and carrier protein-free.
manufactured in our Cambridge, UK laboratories
lyophilized from PBS
Kidney organoid generation
chemically defined media
1. Yin, Y., Wang, F. & Ornitz, D. M. Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung development. Development 138, 3169–3177 (2011).
2. Hung, I. H., Schoenwolf, G. C., Lewandoski, M. & Ornitz, D. M. A combined series of Fgf9 and Fgf18 mutant alleles identifies unique and redundant roles in skeletal development. Dev Biol 411, 72–84 (2016).
3. Schmahl, J., Kim, Y., Colvin, J. S., Ornitz, D. M. & Capel, B. Fgf9 induces proliferation and nuclear localization of FGFR2 in Sertoli precursors during male sex determination. Development 131, 3627–3636 (2004).
4. Zhao, S. et al. Patterning the optic neuroepithelium by FGF signaling and Ras activation. Development 128, 5051–5060 (2001).
5. Yusuf, I. O. et al. Fibroblast Growth Factor 9 Suppresses Striatal Cell Death Dominantly Through ERK Signaling in Huntington’s Disease. Cell Physiol Biochem 48, 605–617 (2018).
6. Morizane, R. & Bonventre, J. V. Kidney Organoids: A Translational Journey. Trends in Molecular Medicine 23, 246–263 (2017).
7. Liu, Y. et al. Regulation of Receptor Binding Specificity of FGF9 by an Autoinhibitory Homodimerization. Structure 25, 1325-1336.e3 (2017).
FGF9 activity is determined using the Promega serum response element luciferase reporter assay (*) in transfected HEK293T cells. EC50 = 5.7 ng/ml (0.24 nM).Cells are treated in triplicate with a serial dilution of FGF-9 for 3 hours. Firefly luciferase activity is measured and normalized to the control Renilla luciferase activity. Data from Qk039 lot #104295
*Promega pGL4.33[luc2P/SRE/Hygro] #E1340
FGF-9 migrates as a single band at 23 kDa in non-reducing (NR) conditions and upon reduction (R). No contaminating protein bands are visible. Purified recombinant protein (3 µg) was resolved using 15% w/v SDS-PAGE in reduced (+β-mercaptothanol, R) and non-reduced (NR) conditions and stained with Coomassie Brilliant Blue R250. Data from Qk039 lot #104295
further quality assays
mass spectrometry: single species with expected mass
analytical reversed-phase: single sharp peak
endotoxin: <0.005 EU/μg protein (below level of detection)
We are a company founded and run by scientists to provide a service and support innovation in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine. All our products are exceptionally high purity, with complete characterisation and bioactivity analysis on every lot.
Part of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family, FGF9 is a growth factor that has been implicated in many developmental processes, including in lung 1 and skeletal2 development, sex determination,3 and neural patterning in the optic neuroepithelium.4 Also known as glia-activating factor, FGF9 also modulates the development and survival of neurons and glia and has been reported to play pro-survival roles (enhances cell proliferation, and alleviating cell death) in neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s Disease and Alzheimer’s disease.5 FGF9 is commonly used in the generation of kidney organoids.6
FGF9 binds and activates the ‘c’ splice isoform of FGF receptor 1–3,7 and can activate a number of signalling pathways, such as ERK, STAT, PI3K and MAP kinase pathways.
We welcome all feedback and specialist collaborator data on all our products. If you would like to provide application-specific feedback for FGF-9, please contact us email@example.com
Our products are for research use only and not for diagnostic or therapeutic use. Products are not for resale.
Enter a URL (optional)
Choose a file
Show everythingShow all reviewsShow all questionsShow all photosShow helpful positive reviewsShow helpful negative reviewsShow unanswered questions
There are no contributions yet.
Username or email address *
Lost your password?
Email address *
Email address *
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Sign Up
Continue as a Guest
152 Cambridge Science Park
© 2021 Qkine Ltd. Company number 10470662 registered in England and Wales. All rights reserved