1. Yin, Y., Wang, F. & Ornitz, D. M. Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung development. Development 138, 3169–3177 (2011).
2. Hung, I. H., Schoenwolf, G. C., Lewandoski, M. & Ornitz, D. M. A combined series of Fgf9 and Fgf18 mutant alleles identifies unique and redundant roles in skeletal development. Dev Biol 411, 72–84 (2016).
3. Schmahl, J., Kim, Y., Colvin, J. S., Ornitz, D. M. & Capel, B. Fgf9 induces proliferation and nuclear localization of FGFR2 in Sertoli precursors during male sex determination. Development 131, 3627–3636 (2004).
4. Zhao, S. et al. Patterning the optic neuroepithelium by FGF signaling and Ras activation. Development 128, 5051–5060 (2001).
5. Yusuf, I. O. et al. Fibroblast Growth Factor 9 Suppresses Striatal Cell Death Dominantly Through ERK Signaling in Huntington’s Disease. Cell Physiol Biochem 48, 605–617 (2018).
6. Morizane, R. & Bonventre, J. V. Kidney Organoids: A Translational Journey. Trends in Molecular Medicine 23, 246–263 (2017).
7. Liu, Y. et al. Regulation of Receptor Binding Specificity of FGF9 by an Autoinhibitory Homodimerization. Structure 25, 1325-1336.e3 (2017).