location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK and some home-working possible
full time or part time of at least 20 hours over at least four days considered
Qkine is a Cambridge, UK-based manufacturer of high purity, animal-free growth factors, cytokines and other complex proteins. We combine proprietary production processes with protein engineering technology to tackle fundamental biological and scale-up challenges for the fast-growing stem cell, organoid, regenerative medicine and cultured meat sectors.
A spin-out from Cambridge University founded in 2016, we have already attracted a loyal customer following from both leading biotechnology companies and world-class academic institutions. As we enter the next phase of our growth, we are seeking an experienced leader to nurture our talented laboratory team and lead the next stage of our protein manufacture and protein production process optimisation.
You will lead our R&D and manufacturing teams and develop robust processes while championing continuous improvement. You will also have opportunity to contribute to the strategic and scientific direction of the company as we grow. If you would like to provide scientific leadership and deliver process development and manufacture optimisation in a busy and dynamic start-up environment please apply or email us for an informal conversation to find out more.
You will have:
• Experience in protein manufacture and process development in industry
• Strong people management, leadership and nurturing skills
• Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholders and delivering projects in a busy laboratory environment
• Deep technical knowledge and experience in protein expression and purification technologies and process optimisation, which enables you to innovate and achieve continuous improvement
• Ideally experience working with a QMS such as ISO9001: 2015 or ISO13485
We believe in nurturing our team, empowering individuals and working flexibly. We do this while exceeding the expectations of our customers and collaborators with a continual focus on delivering the best service and information.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer an attractive employee share option scheme.