location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK and some home-working possible
full time or part time of at least 20 hours over at least four days considered
At Qkine we are re-defining industry standards for growth factor and cytokine protein quality to enable our customers to more reproducibly and cost-effectively scale their stem cell, organoid and regenerative medicine applications. We do this by using proprietary technology to manufacture the highest purity, animal-free growth factors and use innovative protein engineering techniques to create novel forms of key growth factors to tackle fundamental biological and scalability challenges.
We have already attracted a loyal customer following from both leading biotech and pharmaceutical organisations, as well as world-class academic institutions, and have successfully completed a series A investment round, which will enable the next phase of our growth, including the roll out of commercial operations across East Asia, the US and Europe. We are building our core leadership team to enable scale-up and development of our product portfolio and access to new markets and are seeking experienced leaders to nurture our talented laboratory team, drive growth and make a difference to science worldwide.
We are looking for a leader for our protein manufacture and protein production process optimisation. You will lead expanding our manufacturing laboratories and develop robust processes while championing the integration of principles of quality management systems and continuous improvement. We want to hear from people who can drive our growth by providing scientific leadership in recombinant protein production and project management experience to deliver process development and manufacture optimisation in a busy and dynamic start-up environment.
You will have:
• Experience in protein manufacture and process development in industry
• Strong people management, leadership and nurturing skills
• Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholders and delivering projects in a busy protein production laboratory environment
• Deep technical knowledge and experience in protein expression and purification technologies and process optimisation, which enables you to innovate and achieve continuous improvement
• Ideally experience working with a QMS such as ISO9001 or ISO13485
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer an attractive employee share option scheme.