Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK.
Full time or part time of at least 20 hours over at least three days considered, as is some homeworking
We are looking for a leader for our team responsible for protein manufacture and protein production process optimisation. We want to hear from people who can drive our growth by providing scientific leadership, project management and delivery of our manufacture scale-up and process development. You will lead the establishment of new manufacturing laboratories and develop robust processes while championing the integration of principles of quality management systems and continuous improvement. You will also input to Qkine’s strategy.
You will have:
• PhD or equivalent research or industry experience
• Strong people leadership and nurturing skills
• Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholders and delivering projects in a busy protein production laboratory environment
• Strong biochemistry background with broad knowledge and awareness in the field of protein expression, protein chemistry, protein engineering and purification
• Deep technical knowledge and experience in protein expression and purification technologies and process scale-up, which enables you to innovate and achieve continuous improvement
We believe in nurturing our team, empowering individuals and working flexibly. We do this while exceeding the expectations of our customers and collaborators with a continual focus on delivering the best service and information.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a flexible benefits package and share option scheme.
How to apply:
Please send a two-page CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role and would like to join our team. Please send as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Please contact Catherine Elton with informal enquiries (email@example.com)
Qkine is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and creating an inclusive, supportive and flexible working environment.