Location: Cambridge, UK
Full-time or part-time (school hours or 3+ days/week)
Possibility of hybrid working
Qkine is a Cambridge, UK-based manufacturer of high-purity, animal-free growth factors, cytokines, and other complex proteins. We are looking for a marketing assistant to join our friendly and busy marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing. The candidate should have a can-do attitude and should feel comfortable in a quickly changing and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a team player who wants to learn and develop their skills and progress in a marketing career.
This is a hybrid or office-based role. A minimum of 3 days per week in our Cambridge-based office will be required. This role is offered as full-time or a minimum of 3+ days part-time and can support school hours if required.
As a growing and evolving company, the role will be varied and the main responsibilities will include:
– Event support – Organising all aspects of scientific events including being the main point of contact with organisers, arranging couriers, sorting and packing exhibition materials, liaising with the sales teams for requirements, and improving our events process in the future.
– Marketing collateral creation – learning basic skills of Adobe suite software (photoshop, InDesign, illustrator) and Canva to create and edit marketing collateral such as posters, flyers, and product information cards. Arranging professional and in-house printing.
– Marketing giveaways – creating and sourcing marketing giveaways to create customer delight.
– Marketing administration – assisting the sales and marketing teams with general CRM administration.
– Digital marketing assistance – monitoring and reporting on social media channels. Using social media scheduling tools to create and schedule posts. Using email marketing campaign tools to create customer and internal newsletters.
– Competitive analysis – carrying out market research to provide insights to the sales and marketing teams.
– Marketing communications – working with the team to create press releases and news updates. General proofreading and editing.
– General administrative support to the wider company where required.
You will have:
– A proactive attitude and a common-sense approach to tackling tasks
– An interest in B2B marketing
– A methodical and positive nature. You will need to be extremely organised, detail orientated, and can work well with multiple deadlines
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal