location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, UK
full time or part-time of at least 24 hours over at least four days considered
As we enter the next phase of our growth, we seek an experienced laboratory technician to work with our protein production team. You will be responsible for assisting with recombinant protein production, product aliquoting and quality testing, along with providing general laboratory support.
We are looking for someone with experience in a laboratory environment, excellent attention to detail and a team spirit. Experience in protein expression, purification and analysis and working to SOPs, ideally in an ISO9001:2015 environment, would be an advantage. This is not essential as full training will be given. You should be a highly organised and independent person who can work closely with other scientists in our laboratory and collaborate effectively with our commercial and operations teams. Please apply or email us for an informal conversation to find out more.
You will have:
• Laboratory experience and demonstrate good general laboratory practical techniques.
• Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills are essential.
• Excellent time management, communication and organisation skills
• Be able to work as part of a team in a busy environment whilst maintaining a high standard of output
• Ideally, you hold a BSc in biochemistry (or a related field or equivalent experience) with 3+ years of hands-on laboratory experience
• Qkine is a ISO9001:2015 certified company, and awareness of quality management systems would be an advantage.
• Practical experience of protein purification and cell culture is desirable, although not essential, full training will be given
We believe in nurturing our team, empowering individuals and working flexibly. We do this while exceeding the expectations of our customers and collaborators with a continual focus on delivering the best service and information.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer an attractive employee share option scheme.