What personal information does Qkine collect and why?
We only collect the minimum information necessary to provide a good service, process your orders and run the company. We will always tell you why and how we use any personal information we request.
You may provide us with your personal information when you:
- create an account with us
- contact our team
- provide feedback on our products
We will only use this information to:
- process your order including taking payment and delivering the products
- assist you with any enquiries
- provide you with information about relevant goods and services
- conduct market research, statistical analysis and track our performance to help us improve
We will only keep this information for the time necessary to provide the above.
Anonymous information that we collect automatically
- information about the device and browser used to access our website
- internet protocol (IP) address internet service provider (ISP) and general geographic location
- pages viewed, links clicked, websites visited before or after our website, products searched for and the time spent on pages
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information.
We may also collect data telling us if emails we have sent have been opened and if you have clicked on any links within the email.
Information from third parties
We may receive personal information about you from third parties such as conferences organisers, but we will check that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We may collect information about you from publicly available sources, including scientific publications, university websites and publicly available information on social media.
The types of personal information we may collect in this way include your name, your job title, the institution or company you represent, your email addresses, telephone number and your research interests.
You may receive communications from us if you have requested information or purchased products. We only want to contact you if you want us to. If we ever send marketing emails that you don’t want, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link, which we’ll include at the bottom of every marketing e-mail.
Who do we share personal information with?
We do not, and will not, sell your personal data to a third party.
We will only share your data where it is an essential part of being able to provide you with products and services or run our business effectively, this includes:
- trusted third party services providers and partners: for example, companies that provide support for our website and IT systems and couriers that deliver our products or distributors. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data, not use to for their own purposes and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- any law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
- a potential buyer and its agents and advisers in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- to any other person where you have given your consent
Where we use third parties to process or collect your data we will ensure they have in place suitable policies.
Qkine will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary.
Changes to this privacy notice
We review and update this privacy notice regularly.
Last updated on 16th May 2018
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or would like to make a request under relevant data protection regulations, please contact Catherine firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection, Qkine Ltd, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1GA, United Kingdom.
Customers in the EU are protected by the new GDPR but irrespective of where you live, we take your privacy seriously.